Monday 29 January 2007

Employers Forum on Disability

A quick post on something that I have been working on for some time now:
The Employers Forum on Disability
I found out about this organization through my research, as it stands out amongst the multitude of different organizations involved in the same field as us of Disability Integration. they have a remarkable record, and are led by a remarkable lady - Susan Scott-Parker.
I first met them 2 years ago and we are in the process of setting up an affiliate organization here. I must admit that I expected the process to be much easier than it turned out to be; in fact it became quite a nightmare at times. However, I do believe that we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Certainly, I cannot take credit for the work that has been done, & my colleague, Lisa, together with Susan have been real stars. The process did teach me valuable lessons though (even though they were tough to learn at times). I did feel really badly let down at several stages in the process - and I must admit that the process has made me more cynical and less trusting of colleagues (not Susan or Lisa though!).
Another subject to post more on at a later date!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites