Cape Town Stadium is proud to host Filia School’s Laduma concert in celebration of the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup®.
Filia School is a special needs educational facility from Goodwood. This is the third, and final, annual concert that they have been staging in the build up to the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup®, due to start on 11th June.
The concert performed by the children at the school celebrates the cultural diversity of our world. It is fitting that this final event should be held in the newly completed, accessible, Cape Town Stadium. It will be the last event before the stadium will be handed over to FIFA for the event in June. We hope to join with the children in welcoming the overseas visitors to South Africa, and to celebrate the new, world class facility we have here in Cape Town.
We would like to invite you, your colleagues, and your children to this special event.
Date: Wednesday, 12 May 2010
Time: 10h00 – 12h00
Venue: Cape Town Stadium
Please note this is a free event, although we will be asking for donations for future events for the school.
We are hoping that we shall be joined by the local & international media, local dignitaries, family & friends. Please join us for the very special event. Should you require any further information, please contact the school directly on 021 592 1361/2/3, fax 021 592 1369.
Filia School is a training centre for learners between the ages of 4 and 18 years who are physically and intellectually challenged. Learners attending the school have severe physically disabilities such as those caused by cerebral palsy or genetic abnormalities. In this environment every effort is made to provide the learners with quality education specially designed to meet their particular needs and technology has to be specially adapted to cater for their requirements.
• Filia You’ve done it again!!
• What a wonderful morning!!!
• You tugged at my heart strings.
• How talented your children are
• Thanks to such a dedicated staff.
• I take my hat off to you
• Thanks to your dedication your patience, your love.
• I salute you
• This calls for a repeat. Please!
• Others need to see this!
• It was such a joy to see your learners on stage yesterday.
• Keep doing the lovely uplifting work that you do.
• My compliments to you & your staff for having such an appropriate and spectacular event just before world cup soccer.
• The whole production touched my heart.
• My wife and I were privileged to attend your concert; it was great
• Just to inform you what a soul refreshing time we had.