The ONE Campaign | Issues: "MORE AND BETTER AID
International assistance saves lives, directly helping and empowering individuals to help themselves. Increasing international assistance by an amount equal to just ONE percent of the U.S. budget will:
* Reduce by half the number of people in the world who suffer from hunger.
* Provide free access to primary education for 77 million out-of-school children.
* Provide access to clean water to 450 million people and basic sanitation to 700 million people.
* Prevent 5.4 million young children from dying of poverty-related illnesses each year.
* Save 16,000 lives a day by fighting HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria."